Are you an Australian Citizen? If not, then you are not eligible for VSL.
Permanent residents are not eligible for VSL.
To be eligible for VSL, you must either:
• be an Australian citizen, or
• hold an eligible permanent humanitarian visa and usually reside in Australia, or
• be a New Zealand citizen on Special Category Visa (SCV subclass 444) who grew up here.
Holders of other permanent visas and temporary visas are NOT eligible for a VET Student Loan.
A student must be assessed as academically suitable to undertake a high level vocational qualification and must provide:
- A copy of a certificate for a qualification at AQF level 4 (or above) that was delivered in English: OR
- A Senior Secondary Certificate of Education for the completion of year 12: OR
- A certificate of competency at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy using an approved assessment tool. We currently have a licence with ACER to conduct the LLN test. The APC PAT test is not an approved VSL course.
You must also:
• have a tax file number or be applying for one (the personal details of your TFN with the ATO, must match the personal details you have provided to APC Design School, for example your name and date of birth)
• have a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
• intend to undertake your course primarily in Australia
• have a Commonwealth Higher Education Support Number (CHESSN)
• have not exceeded your lifetime Commonwealth student loan limit
- have read the VET Student Loans information booklet.
- comply with ongoing Commonwealth engagement and progression requests to log on to complete their online student engagement form to confirm that you are a genuine student, continuing to study and the progress in your course. You will get these requests two or three times a year, depending on how long your course is. If you do not complete the form and survey within the required time, you may be ineligible to continue accessing VET Student Loans to pay for the remainder of your course tuition fees.