The AEG Group has now required all users to take a step further in regard to securing your account, we are enquiring users to setup a second factor authentication (MFA).
By setting up MFA, you add an extra layer of security to your APC/EU account sign-in. For example, you first enter your password and, when prompted, you also type a dynamically generated verification code provided by an authenticator app or sent to your phone.
1. Sign in to myAPC.hub with your school account with your password like you normally do. After you choose Sign in, you'll be prompted for more information.
2. Choose Next.
3. The default authentication method is to use the free Microsoft Authenticator app. If you have it installed on your mobile device, select Next and follow the prompts to add this account. If you don't have it installed there is a link provided to download it.
4. Open the app and follow the prompts to scan the QR code. You already use Microsoft Authenticator, click on the "+" sign at the top right and click on "Work or School account" then click on "Scan QR code"
5. Point the camera to the QR code on the screen of your laptop/computer, then click on "Next" when the scan is complete.
6. Now on your app you should see a pop up to enter the number that is on the screen. Do it as requested.
7. Click on "Next"
8. You have successfully configured MFA for myAPC.hub.